Pearl S. Buck Foundation Headquarters
Campus Master Plan and Design of New and Renovated Buildings
KCBA planned and designed this major campus rehabilitation project which established the headquarters and tourism center for the Pearl S. Buck International organization. The project involved four buildings on the site of historic Green Hills Farm, estate of Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winner Pearl S. Buck. Highlights include a new 13,000 sq. ft. headquarters building with office and meeting space, a gallery, and housing for the Pearl S. Buck Archives; the conversion of an 1827 barn into a cultural center and gift shop; refurbishment of an 1835 stone house; and a new gazebo. The new buildings were designed to complement the existing architectural character via the use of traditional pastoral forms and natural wood and stone materials. The new headquarters building was carefully located and configured to reinforce the edge of the estate, enhance the order of the campus, and establish a park-like atmosphere.
Other Projects In Institutional/Recreational